Clubs and Riding Groups
There are a number of Clubs that organise recreational (non-competitive) events, informal groups that organise trail rides and commercial tour operators running guided tours. All of which means you don’t need to ride alone and you get to meet other like minded trail bike riders.
Check out the following:
- Trail and Enduro Club – organises at least two non-competitive rides each year for those not into competitive Enduro riding.
- ATV Social and Racing Club Inc – Quad riders can join and gain access to the Woodridge facility which is 1km past the Gingin turnoff on the Lancelin Road.
- WA Superlites Association – social and competitive events for mini offroad buggies including Can Ams and Polaris.
- Offroad Riding Club of WA – U23’s, The main focus of the new club is Junior riders, but with a real interest in involving the whole family in the sport. Runs Junior Enduros, training days, Natural Terrain MX and family ride days – all on private property.
- Motorcycling WA – Riders of motocross or enduro bikes can join a Motocross Club to gain access to tracks in Perth – AJS at Wanneroo, Coastals at Henderson, Lighweight at Byford as well as other affiliates such as Trail and Enduro Club of WA, Brookton Pony Express Series. Motorcycling WA web site lists all the clubs and runs a series of ‘Come and Try’ days to provide a taste for riders who haven’t previously considered joining a club. The MWA trail rides guidelines are here:
- AMA Clubs – AMA clubs are about local grassroots participation in recreational vehicle and motor vehicle sport and recreation. WA has some great Clubs such as Noble Falls, Geraldton, Jurien Bay, Goldfields to name a few
- Vintage Enduro Club of WA – Days of fun and occasional competition on DT1’s, Savages, KLX’s, PE’s, WR’s, XR’s, IT’s and exotic bikes like the SWM, Bultaco etc.
Informal ride groups:
– talk online and organise informal rides:
Commercial Tour Operators:
- West Coast Trailbike Safaris – Licenced riders of registered bikes can participate in guided tours of the South West.
- Daca Tours
- Perth Quad – Perth Quad Has Tours, Riding School, Dirt Bike Hire
Commercial Ride Parks:
- WA Ride Park – WA Ride Park has Camping and a range of trails including kids, Enduro, supercross
- West Coast Trailbike Safaris – West Coast Trailbike Safaris has secured a 1200 acre property near Kirup to conduct family trail rides, aimed specifically towards kids. Will be open periodically through 2010. Contact West Coast for opening weekends and bookings.
- Murchison Off-Road Adventures– an hour inland from Kalbarri, this park is a 300,000 acre working sheep station.
- West Moto Park – situated at Wyalkatchem, about 2hrs drive NE of Perth. RTRA members receive a 20% discount.