|About the RTRA|
|Constitution and Policies|
Postion Vacant (Part Time Casual): Projects / Admin Officer
Update March 9: Applications for this position have now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied (we received over 30 applications). We will be reviewing these and will be in touch with all applicants by Friday March 16.
The RTRA has been run by volunteers since its inception over six years ago. We now have some funding for project work that will enable us to employ a part time Projects / Admin Officer (around 20 hours per week) to help accelerate our work.
The Projects / Admin Officer is responsible for the coordination and task delivery of various RTRA projects with a focus on volunteer management, rider and industry education and communication and community awareness. This role will also provide executive support to the President, the Secretary and the Committee.
The position will ideally suit someone with a keen interest in the activities of the RTRA and who is versatile and tech-savvy, has their own transport and is set up to work from home.
Applications closed March 9.
- Maintain web site using Business Catalyst Web Content Management System
- Prepare monthly web statistics reports
- Prepare draft articles for eNewsletter
- Develop and maintain effective presence in relevant social media
- Coordinate volunteers for areas (e.g. Pinjar) and projects (e.g. cleanups)
- Administer the RTRA volunteer management system
- Plan and procure equipment / materials for volunteers
Advocacy – Community Awareness:
- Coordinate speaking engagements for President - e.g. Government, Local Councils, conferences, community groups, media
- Coordinate any meetings, events, forums, displays, exhibitions
- Identify issues and collate relevant research
- Update CRM as renewals received (largely automated)
- Liaise with retailers - sell-in and manage stock of display materials and membership forms
- Liaise with informal riding groups to promote RTRA membership
- Work with committee members responsible for rider / business membership attraction and retention initiatives
- Triage membership “Contact Us” and general enquiries
- Assistance to RTRA Executive (President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- Assistance with projects, events and grant funding applications
- Meeting Secretariat services
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to work closely with Executive team
- Opportunity to contribute to growth and development of a highly regarded advocacy association
- Opportunity to directly contribute to the objectives of the RTRA being:
- To protect and extend quality, safer off-road riding opportunities for Western Australian recreational trail bike riders of all ages.
- To promote and encourage safety and responsible riding attitudes, including minimising noise and trail damage.
- To actively pursue the needs of trail bike riders with government agencies, councils, landowners and other stakeholders.
- To improve the perception of trail bike riding as a recreational activity amongst stakeholders and the broader community.
- The Projects Officer position reports directly to the RTRA President.
Conditions of Employment
- Casual part time
- April 2012 – February 2013 (11 months)
- Average 20 hours per week – flexible hours but will involve some weekend and evening hours
- Remuneration - $35 per hour + 9% SGC + allowances for office / communications and travel
- High degree of computer literacy and comfort working with technologies such as portals, web site content management systems, web-based volunteer management systems, timesheet recording systems
- Self directed and ability to work independently, effectively
- Strong organizational, time management, project management, workload prioritisation skills
- Ability to communicate with a range of people from within and outside the recreational trail bike community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel within the metro area, including regular Executive meetings (RTRA will reimburse reasonable travel expenses)
- Home office or effective work area and equipment.
- Mobile phone and broadband internet access (RTRA will reimburse for reasonable use)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Current and active with social media.
- Good understanding of the activity of recreational trail bike riding (actually being a rider not essential, but considered helpful)
- Experience or qualifications in working in recreational, sporting, community or advocacy environment (volunteer or professionally)
- Tertiary qualifications in PR, Marketing or associated disciplines
Applications for this position closed at 5pm March 9th 2012.